Emerging film-makers are invited to participate in a series of isiZulu Scriptwriting Workshop that will take place during the 44th Durban International Film Festival. Presented by the Centre for Creative Arts at the University of KwaZulu Natal, the workshops support both the development of authentic African narratives that are drawn from the KwaZulu-Natal province whilst intensifying the Centre’s commitment to advance the University’s bilingual policy through the telling of these stories in indigenous languages. The workshop is set to take place from 20 to 29 July 2023, at the Centre for Creative Arts, UKZN Howard College.
At the end of the 10-day workshop, the 15 selected participants will have learned the basic skills of scriptwriting, developed a draft script and attended DIFF screenings.
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Reside in KwaZulu-Natal
- Have completed their matric and have written / co-written a film that was produced.
- Not have participated in previous editions of this workshop.
- Film Students / Graduates OR person who have written/ co-written a film that has been produced.
- South Africans 18 and older
- Complete and submit the Application Form by 28 April 2023 at 16:00.
- If you are not contacted by 5 May 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For queries, please contact Sakhile Gumede on Gumedeg3@ukzn.ac.za or (031) 260 1145/2506 on weekdays from 08:00 to 16:00.
Notes About the Programme
- The workshop will be conducted in English and isiZulu.
- Accommodation will not be provided for selected participants.